Many families in Sandwell could get free school meals but don't claim for them.
Your child may be entitled to free school meals if:
· your annual income is less than £16,190; and
· you claim Child Tax Credit.
Your child may also qualify for free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
· Employment and Support Allowance (income related)
· Income Support
· Guaranteed Pension Credit (including Child Tax Credit)
· Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
· support from the National Asylum Support Service.
Your child will not qualify for free school meals if you claim Working Tax Credit.
The easiest way to apply for free school meals is online, just click on the link below and fill in a few details.
For further information please call Sandwell Council's Education Benefits team on 0121 569 8186 or 0121 569 8189.
Free school meals for infants from September 2014
School meals will be free for pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 from September 2014.